[Tweeters] Modest proposal: Re, WOS conference registration

Jerry Broadus jbroadus at seanet.com
Mon Apr 15 12:52:46 PDT 2013

I did not even attempt to register for this year's conference, in part because I felt that last year's system was cumbersome and flawed. Reading these comments, I was somewhat surprised to see a suggestion that those who "stuck with it" at midnight somehow deserved finally getting to fill up many of the trips. Suggestion: Allow everyone to register anytime before a set date, with first, second, third, and fourth choices. Could be done online if you so desire, but otherwise similar to the "old" system. After that date use impartial lotteries to fill the trips, putting people in each lottery in order of their preferences. No rush, and everyone is in the same boat, so everyone feels its the luck of the draw.

Jerry Broadus
Puyallup, WA
Volunteering at P Ranch for Malheur NWR