[Tweeters] Heermann's Gull and Mountain Bluebird at Point Hudson, Port Townsend

Dennis Paulson dennispaulson at comcast.net
Sat Apr 13 19:32:34 PDT 2013

This morning (13 April), Netta Smith and I observed a first-winter Heermann's Gull on the spit at Point Hudson at a fairly low tide, among many roosting gulls and Brants and Black-bellied Plovers.

On the shore right next to us, feeding in the tide wrack, was a dull but very welcome female Mountain Bluebird. Both were photographed.

I never find rare birds, but I thought both of these were unusual enough at the time and place to be noteworthy.

Dennis
-----
Dennis Paulson
1724 NE 98 St.