[Tweeters] Stormy morning at the Fill (pics)

Warren Clemans wumpusbear at gmail.com
Sat Apr 13 18:22:49 PDT 2013

Hi all--

The rain held off long enough for some fun birding with my daughter at the
Fill this morning. The wind seems to have blown all the ducks off the
lake, but a nice cinnamon teal took refuge in Yesler Cove. Photo here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8646785000/in/photostream/lightbox/

We also had an assortment of the usual suspects along with the cinnamon
teal: green-winged teal, gadwall, pied-billed grebe, buffleheads, etc.

We had a nice concert by a savannah sparrow in a tree just off the main
path. Photo here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8646784118/in/photostream/lightbox/

Also saw a Lincoln's sparrow (I think...I'm just starting to learn
sparrows):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/63285381@N00/8646784690/in/photostream/lightbox/

Happy birding,
Warren