[Tweeters] Wrentit Question

mcharest at wamail.net mcharest at wamail.net
Thu Apr 11 10:34:05 PDT 2013

Hi All,

I ran across the mention of a Wrentit somewhere on the internet today and
got curious about the birds. I looked up range maps for the species, and
having little experience birding outside Washington State, I was surprised
to find that the birds were found all the way up to Lewis and Clark Park
across the Columbia River from Washington, but not a single bird ever
reported in Washington that I could find on Ebird.

I know that the Columbia is very wide around SW Washington, but still find
it odd that not one bird has ever made it to Washington soil, stranger
birds have showed up in stranger places for sure. The coastal scrub is on
both sides of the river and from satellite views, Cape Disappointment
looks like about as good a place as Lewis and Clark Park.

Just Curious if anyone has thought about this before and why a Wrentit has
never came across, or have they. Some range maps show SW Washington

Thanks,

Michael Charest
Tacoma, Washington
mcharest at wamail.net