[Tweeters] RE: Sage Grouse Display and Blind at Leahy Lek

khanh tran khanhbatran at hotmail.com
Wed Apr 10 16:31:29 PDT 2013

Ruth:

Thanks for your report.

Last week, I made an inquiry to Dr. Schroeder about the blind near the Leahy Lek. I, too, was suspicious about it when it was first reported several weeks ago. Dr. Schroeder mentioned 'they' are not suppose to have a blind out there, and the result is that the birds may respond to the disturbance by moving.

He forwarded my written concern to the other biologists near that area. Hopefully, the issue will be addressed and clarified soon.

Thanks,

Khanh Tran