[Tweeters] South Kalama yard birds

Hills of Kalama - A & S Hill 60stops2home at kalama.com
Tue Apr 9 23:40:43 PDT 2013

GOLDEN-CROWNED SPARROWS finally reappeared in our yard on April 8; dozens of
them. We last saw them here on March 25. Today, they brought along a single
WHITE-CROWNED SPARROW to dine on the sunflower chips sprinkled throughout
the plants. Nice to finally see some movement since a majority of our usual
Dark-eyed Juncos seemed to have departed.

Sometimes insomnia can be a good thing. At 1:50 a.m. Tuesday, April 9, the
NORTHERN SAW-WHET OWL once again was tooting his little heart out uphill on
our neighbors' property. First time he has been heard in a week. I thought
he might have moved on. Very happy I was wrong!

Amy Hill

Kalama, WA

Cowlitz County

628 feet up