[Tweeters] And More Red Crossbills

Blair Bernson blair at washingtonadvisorygroup.com
Tue Apr 9 19:04:03 PDT 2013

Around 1:00 this afternoon some volunteer work for
Seattle Audubon took me to a residential area near
122nd and Roosevelt in North Seattle. Noticing a
cone filled evergreen I wondered to myself if
Crossbills might like it when I heard birds
overhead and they landed immediately over me in
the exact spot. Fourteen Red Crossbills spent the
next 15 minutes gorging on the cones. They were
still there when we left. The homeowner (another
SAS Volunteer) said it was a first time bird for
him there. It has been a good year for Crossbills
indeed.

--
Blair Bernson
Edmonds