[Tweeters] Woodpeckers at the Fill

Clare McLean clareishere at hotmail.com
Sun Apr 7 08:38:13 PDT 2013

During the welcome sun break yesterday morning, I got some nice views of a displaying flicker pair just north of bridge along Canal Road:
http://birdwordgirl.blogspot.com/2013/04/display-on-display.html
Not earth-shattering, but after many visits over the years, I saw my first Pileated Woodpecker. Think it was a male, briefly on the tallest snag southwest of the dime parking lot; he then took off north-east-ish.
Otherwise not much to report.
Lots of goldfinch, a song sparrow pair collecting nesting material, three or four killdeer freaking out in western slope along Canal Road. No GBH--must be tending to nearby nest-building.

Clare McLeanSeattle, WAclareishere at hotmail.com