[Tweeters] Edmonds banded pigeon 4-3-13

Bill Anderson billandersonbic at yahoo.com
Thu Apr 4 08:58:43 PDT 2013

Wednesday (4/3) afternoon two of us observed a pigeon with a band on each leg at the end of the Pt. Edwards walkway.  It appeared to feral pigeon (aka rock dove) although its eyes looked a little different from the pigeons I see locally.   While it kept a respectful distance as it walked ahead of us, it did not seem particularly afraid of us.

One band was a light blue, and looked like a typical bird band with numbers on it.  The other band was dark blue with no numbers.  It looked more like a thick wire than a bird band.  I took several photos which I cropped to show the band. If anyone knows of a bird band registry, I would be happy to e-mail them the photos.  You can reply to me off list.

Bill Anderson; Edmonds, WA. USA