[Tweeters] Are there Golden Eagles in Seattle?

Kristen Michelle thekristenkat at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 3 22:22:28 PDT 2013

Question...are there Golden Eagles in Seattle?
Today, my fiance' and I were playing badminton in my backyard and we saw a brown bird with LONG wings soar about 30 feet right above us! It was the size of a Bald Eagle, but didn't have a white head. Also it was mottled on it's under body. A few minutes later, another bird of the same type soared straight over us. It was amazing!
I was trying to figure out what kind of bird it was. Upon looking at photos, both birds looked very much like Golden Eagles, however, in my research it doesn't appear that Golden Eagles are in Seattle.  I live on the bluff overlooking the Puget Sound in the north Seattle neighborhood of Blue Ridge near Olympic Manor.
My dad also saw 2 similar birds several weeks ago in his Richmond Beach neighborhood bluff area (North Seattle).
I read that Golden Eagles are in Washington, but not Seattle. What do you think?
Thanks in advance,Kristen MichelleSeattle, WA