[Tweeters] Marymoor (Redmond, King Co., WA) Barn Swallow

birdmarymoor at gmail.com birdmarymoor at gmail.com
Tue Apr 2 18:40:59 PDT 2013

Tweets – Sharon and I made a canoe visit to Marymoor Park today, cleaning out the four Purple Martin gourds near the lake platform, then paddling across the lake towards East Lake Sammamish Parkway just for giggles. Two of the four gourds had been used; the other two were empty. I’m wondering if those two are too close to the platform for birds to be comfortable nesting.

We did see lots of WOOD DUCKS, and I got a glimpse of a male HOODED MERGANSER at the Rowing Club ponds. But our only really notable bird was a single BARN SWALLOW, our first for 2013.

== Michael Hobbs
== www.marymoor.org/birding.htm
== BirdMarymoor at frontier.com