[Tweeters] spring has sprung!

dennispaulson at comcast.net dennispaulson at comcast.net
Tue Apr 2 08:28:48 PDT 2013

I drove from Portland to Seattle on Saturday, and I noticed that the deciduous trees along I5 in and south of Seattle were essentially leafless and dead looking. A few bigleaf maples were pushing out flower buds, so there was a greenish tinge around those few trees.

Today I drove from Seattle to Tacoma, and all of those same trees were green! All the maples and cottonwoods had budded out, and every tree was surrounded by a fine green coat. It was quite amazing to see the difference that three days of warm spring weather made. The migratory birds should be on their way for the caterpillar feast.

Dennis Paulson
Seattle