[Tweeters] Eastside Audubon Society Theler Wetlands Trip photos

Qinglin Ma qinglineric at gmail.com
Mon Apr 1 11:31:07 PDT 2013

Hi Tweets,

On March 30 a group of 7 Eastside Audubon Society birders led by Hugh
Jennings and Brian Bell went to South Puget Sound area. We started by
taking the Fauntleroy ferry from West Seattle to Southworth. Stopped by a
small boat launch and wetland near the ferry landing. Then we went on to
Port Orchard, Manchester and a couple of stops at Sinclair's Inlet. From
Manchester we visited the State Park. Eventually we reached the Theler
Wetland.

We saw a total of 56 species. The high lights are:

All 3 kinds of Cormorant in breeding plumage (Brandt, Pelagic and Double
Crested)
A Band-tailed Pigeon was doing courtship flying
Turkey Vulture fly by
Cooper's Hawk fly by
Brown Creeper
Greater Yellowleg
4 kinds of sparrows (Golden-crowned, White-crowned, Song and House (Brian
said actually it is not a sparrow))
Rufous Hummingbird
A group of 7 Harlequin Ducks at close range
Both Tree and Violet-green Swallows
A female Black Scoter

Photo link:

http://flickr.com/gp/qinglinma/2H9p2G/

Hugh has a more detailed report on the Eastside Audubon Society webpage:

http://eastsideaudubon.org/get-outside/birding/trip-highlights-folder/recent-field-trip-highlights

Qinglin