[pccgrads] Fw: Open funding call: Natural Climate Solutions in the Pacific Northwest

PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Mar 1 13:56:02 PST 2024

________________________________
From: Yuta Masuda <YutaM at PGAFamilyFoundation.org>
Sent: Friday, March 1, 2024 9:23 AM
To: PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE <uwpcc at uw.edu>
Subject: Open funding call: Natural Climate Solutions in the Pacific Northwest

Hello,

I wanted to reach out to share that we recently launched an RFP for funding place-based NCS projects (broadly defined) in the PNW (OR, WA, ID, AK, and British Columbia), and particularly ones that are intentionally designed to adhere to NCS principles<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nature.com/articles/s41467-023-44425-2__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nYWm7vRzaYKJd6LPc93kKEDvxs1PJj1TiGtS1cCmj87RkvXw_f2JSYQ6XP2HxKJRxVhzrd-AChAPllr6Y5YUAQ$>. We hope that you share this with your colleagues PCC, as well as whoever might be interested in this within your broader network. More on the RFP below.

The Paul G Allen Family Foundation is seeking projects that implement Natural Climate Solutions (NCS) in the Pacific Northwest<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pgafamilyfoundation.org/request-for-proposals__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nYWm7vRzaYKJd6LPc93kKEDvxs1PJj1TiGtS1cCmj87RkvXw_f2JSYQ6XP2HxKJRxVhzrd-AChAPllqrIVWBZA$> (Oregon, Washington, Idaho, British Columbia, and Alaska). The foundation is allocating $5 million, and we anticipate funding up to five rigorous, place-based NCS projects. We encourage projects that are led by, or in partnership with, Indigenous Peoples and local communities.

The first step in the RFP process is submitting a Letter of Intent (LOI) by April 12 which briefly describes the project (submission portal link on the RFP webpage). Applicants whose LOIs meet our criteria will be invited to submit full proposals by May 15. We encourage applicants to submit LOIs early, as the foundation will be reviewing LOIs on a rolling basis through April 12. The earlier LOIs are submitted, the earlier applicants will be notified about being invited for a full proposal.

For more information about the RFP and the application process, please visit the RFP webpage<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://pgafamilyfoundation.org/request-for-proposals__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nYWm7vRzaYKJd6LPc93kKEDvxs1PJj1TiGtS1cCmj87RkvXw_f2JSYQ6XP2HxKJRxVhzrd-AChAPllqrIVWBZA$>. We will also be holding an informational webinar about the RFP on March 7. We encourage interested applicants to register and attend the webinar to learn more<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://vulcan.zoom.us/webinar/register/4417089884206/WN_gshRoOXVQh2CPgyXUG0iPw__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nYWm7vRzaYKJd6LPc93kKEDvxs1PJj1TiGtS1cCmj87RkvXw_f2JSYQ6XP2HxKJRxVhzrd-AChAPllp4qtwnXg$>.

We hope you share this announcement with your colleagues and/or others interested in advancing NCS in our region.

Best wishes,

--

Yuta Masuda, PhD

Director of Science | Paul G. Allen Family Foundation

www.pgafamilyfoundation.org<https://urldefense.com/v3/__http://www.pgafamilyfoundation.org__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!nYWm7vRzaYKJd6LPc93kKEDvxs1PJj1TiGtS1cCmj87RkvXw_f2JSYQ6XP2HxKJRxVhzrd-AChAPllrMiaC4dA$>