[pccgrads] Fwd: Student Opportunity: Imperial's Climate Investment Challenge *Applications Closing Soon*

Miriam A. Bertram mab23 at uw.edu
Wed Feb 28 08:53:15 PST 2024

Applications for Imperial College London's 'Climate Investment Challenge'
are closing on March 4th. Your students at UW are great candidates if you
could share the following information with them.

We host a global competition where students can win prize money for
pitching a financial solution that addresses a key climate issue. We have
three different prizes; Main Competition (£12,000), Emerging and Developing
Markets (£7,000) and Data Analytics (£7,000). Winners may also have the
chance to progress into an Imperial start-up incubator! The competition is
tailored to postgraduate students in teams of 2-6 but providing there is
one postgrad on the team, undergraduate students are eligible.

I've included below our 'One-Pager' document that provides an overview of
the competition and key dates. Please find additional links to resources
that are useful for prospective applicants. In particular, the WhatsApp
community can be used for students to keep up to date. Let me know if there
is any further information I can provide.

-

Inspiration Hub: for students interested in the competition but unsure
about which ideas are suitable, our inspiration hub contains several themes
and areas identified by our industry partners:
https://www.climateinvestmentchallenge.org/inspirationhub
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.climateinvestmentchallenge.org/inspirationhub__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lolTskZVR9ZdAYrgHyYmt5zCWVLl5FK4G1OqTNNQ9yujeSwMobs9rYAVmcyG9Ox68t_GxFNlLpzLzh5asvi2puba78Y$>

-

Recorded webinar including past winners:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEemkKT9Sc
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dqEemkKT9Sc__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!lolTskZVR9ZdAYrgHyYmt5zCWVLl5FK4G1OqTNNQ9yujeSwMobs9rYAVmcyG9Ox68t_GxFNlLpzLzh5asvi2Csb_p5s$>

-

WhatsApp community link:https://chat.whatsapp.com/D8KLT4GZHfv1HXSntFugy1