[pccgrads] City Nature Challenge - Sustainability Solutions Month

George K. Darkwah via pccgrads pccgrads at u.washington.edu
Fri Apr 19 13:51:35 PDT 2024

Hi all,

Happy Earth Month!

🌎🌱🌲🌳 🌍

This Earth Month, the Program on Climate Change (PCC) and UW Biology experts are excited to bring the global City Nature Challenge<https://www.citynaturechallenge.org/> to the UW. Join us on Monday, April 29th, from 11:00 AM to 1 PM to explore and record the rich biodiversity of our campus. As part of this event, participants will contribute to a worldwide citizen science initiative by documenting wild flora and fauna using the iNaturalist app. Sign up to appreciate our nature and help the Seattle-Tacoma metropolitan area<https://www.inaturalist.org/projects/city-nature-challenge-2024-seattle-tacoma-metropolitan-area> shine in this year’s collective biodiversity monitoring efforts.

The event will start at the UW Biology Greenhouse<https://maps.app.goo.gl/Mi9w8TBkvdkdyVUU8> with short presentations covering topics such as climate change and biodiversity, along with a comprehensive overview of iNaturalist recording followed by a 1.5-hour outdoor walk. Given that we will be outside, please ensure you are dressed suitably for the weather conditions.

Sign up here<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdFgWI__k1nUbb0EF0OAU_LpJj1UYfwZ05QlD9XWCr_wKtSxw/viewform> if you are interested in joining us for this event. For more information, me (gdarkwah at uw.edu<mailto:gdarkwah at uw.edu>) or Hemalatha Velappan (hema89 at uw.edu<mailto:hema89 at uw.edu>).

We look forward to seeing you there!

P-GraSC University Engagement Subcommittee

Hemalatha Velappan

Celeste Tong

Kripa Chandrah

George Darkwah