[pccgrads] Climate talk for senior citizens

Aesha Mokashi aesham at uw.edu
Thu Nov 30 15:09:11 PST 2023

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have
received a request from Mirabella, a Seattle Continuous Care Facility for 1-2
talks on Climate Change. This is a great opportunity for you to engage with
our broader community and practice your science communication skills. The
event specifics are outlined below:

Event specifics:

-

1-2 of people with expertise on the impact of climate change in the
Pacific Northwest; and/or with expertise on the impact of climate change on
salmon and orcas
-

A live ~50 min talk with time for 10 min Q and A
-

Will occur in January/February, Monday or Wednesday, 10:30 or 3:30
pm at Mirabella
Seattle in South Lake Union: 116 Fairview Ave N, Seattle, WA 98109

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know by* December 13th* and I will choose volunteers in order of responses
to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you
and other volunteers with the event managers.

Thank you!

Aesha Mokashi PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee Public Engagement
Subcommittee

--

Aesha Mokashi (She/her/hers)

Graduate Student- MS Environmental Health Sciences

Department of Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences

[image: DEOHS Logo]