[pccgrads] Request: Lead a Small Discussion on Career Building

Madeleine Strait mstrait at uw.edu
Mon Mar 27 10:47:52 PDT 2023

Dear fellow grads,

The Program on Climate Change Undergraduate Cohort Committee is planning a
Career Building workshop event next *Tuesday, April 4th at 4-5:30pm* in
Smith Hall 305. The first half of the event will be led by the career
center and the second half will consist of small group discussions where
undergrads can casually talk to grads about a specific career topic. We are
looking for *2-3 more grad students that can attend the event and lead
small group sessions* about a specific career topic. Topics can be anything
career related - talking to professors about research, resume/CV writing,
cover letters, using resources (LinkedIn, Handshake, listservs), graduate
school applications, etc.

If you have *any* experience with a career-related topic and are interested
in leading a small group discussion next Tuesday, please reach out! You can
email me (mstrait at uw.edu) or the undergrad committee at uwpccuco at gmail.com.

This is a great opportunity to pass on some invaluable knowledge to the
undergrads at our university, so please consider helping out!

Sincerely,

*Madeleine Strait* (she/her)
PhD Student, Brosi Lab <https://www.brosilab.org/>
Department of Biology