[pccgrads] Applications DUE THIS WED (6/7) for the 17th Annual Graduate Climate Conference (GCC 2023)

Amy Liu amyxliu at uw.edu
Mon Jun 5 13:01:48 PDT 2023

Hi PCC grads,

Registration for the annual Graduate Climate Conference (GCC), hosted this
year on Nov 2-4 by MIT and WHOI, closes *this Wednesday (6/7)**. *We highly
encourage you to apply, as it's an amazing opportunity for graduate
students in climate-related fields to connect with and learn from students
at other institutions. Historically, PCC grads have helped organize GCC
from the very beginning (in 2006!), so we would love to see UW represented!

Please find the application here
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeYe5pTLSkPnwSy14krVvwBgUjuw-kXvEmyd1AUktvl0cCRbg/viewform>
and more information about GCC below. It's free to apply,
accommodations/food are provided, and travel grants are available.

We are pleased to announce that MIT will be hosting the 17th Annual Graduate
Climate Conference (GCC) on November 2-4, 2023 at the Marine Biological
Laboratory in Woods Hole, Massachusetts. *Applications
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/application/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m_aLvidR_E7qySlPBXPHFHiK0tViU3FCRH7xINrsVYDrsD45MHDrUSkOne-ueUjbJMwO6O1oURezSQ$>
close next Wednesday, June 7th!*

The GCC is an annual interdisciplinary climate conference run by graduate
students, for graduate students featuring panel discussions, presentations,
workshops, social events, and more. GCC highlights climate research from a
variety of disciplines within the physical, natural, and social sciences
and humanities, including: anthropology, atmospheric sciences, biology,
communication, environmental sciences, economics, engineering, ethics,
geography, geology, law, oceanography, public health, public policy,
resource management, forestry, and more.

The organizers of GCC
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/about/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m_aLvidR_E7qySlPBXPHFHiK0tViU3FCRH7xINrsVYDrsD45MHDrUSkOne-ueUjbJMwO6O2f76A7xw$>
strive to feature a diverse representation of students and research topics
to create a broader, more inclusive community for emerging leaders in
climate-related fields. We encourage students from all backgrounds and
stages of their graduate careers to apply.

The deadline for abstract submission is next Wednesday, June 7. Apply on
our website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/application/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m_aLvidR_E7qySlPBXPHFHiK0tViU3FCRH7xINrsVYDrsD45MHDrUSkOne-ueUjbJMwO6O1oURezSQ$>
today! There is no fee to register or apply. Acceptances will be emailed in
July. Limited funding to cover any costs incurred by attending the
conference will be awarded on an as-needed basis to as many participants as
possible.

For conference updates, please check the GCC website
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m_aLvidR_E7qySlPBXPHFHiK0tViU3FCRH7xINrsVYDrsD45MHDrUSkOne-ueUjbJMwO6O0iQWlCbw$>
or connect with us via Twitter
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://twitter.com/gradclimateconf__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!m_aLvidR_E7qySlPBXPHFHiK0tViU3FCRH7xINrsVYDrsD45MHDrUSkOne-ueUjbJMwO6O1Ygm0q7Q$>
.

Local COVID-19 guidelines will be followed during the conference. Please
contact the Organizing Committee with any additional questions at
gradclimateconference at gmail.com

We hope to see you this fall!

Sincerely,
The GCC 2023 Organizing Committee