[pccgrads] Science Communication Opportunity!

Aina Hori ainalh at uw.edu
Fri Jan 20 13:24:35 PST 2023

Hi All,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! *We have
received a request from a summer camp teacher** for a 1 hour presentation
on climate change or environmental sustainability!* A couple independent
special education teachers host a summer camp for Seattle public school
students. Last year, they came to UW and learned about solar energy, arctic
ice, and Husky robotics. This is a great opportunity for you to engage with
our broader community and practice your science communication skills. The
event specifics are outlined below:

Event Specifics:

-

*Tuesday, 7/11/23* or *Thursday, 7/20/23*, *9am-12pm and or 1-4pm*
preferably somewhere on *UW Seattle campus*
-

Give a presentation on general climate change or environmental
sustainability with a hands-on activity if interested
-

10-20 elementary/middle school students with autism

*If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know by Friday, 2/10* and I will choose volunteers in order of responses to
this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you
and other volunteers with the event managers. Please email me if you have
any questions! Thank you for considering helping us with this outreach
request!

Thanks,

Aina

PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member

Public Engagement Subcommittee member