[pccgrads] PCC outreach opportunity

George K. Darkwah gdarkwah at uw.edu
Wed Feb 22 17:27:02 PST 2023

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have received a request from Hari Pathanjaly of Northgate High School for an interviewee. As part of a Senior Project, Hari is researching on climate change and some practical steps individuals can take to help reduce its impacts. This is a great opportunity for you to engage with our broader community and practice your science communication skills.

The specifics are outlined below:

* 3 people with expertise (or interest) in climate change.
* Interested people will be interviewed about climate change and how individuals can contribute to reduce the impact.
* Date and time: any day between February 20 and March 14, 2023 (flexible to suit interviewees’ schedules).

* Location: Zoom

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me know by March 8, 2023, and I will choose volunteers in order of responses to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you and other volunteers with the high school senior working on this project.

Thanks!
George Darkwah
PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member
Public Engagement Subcommittee member