[pccgrads] Fwd: 2024 CAMAS Workshop and Early-Career School

Luanne Thompson luanne at uw.edu
Sun Aug 27 16:03:45 PDT 2023

FYI: Arctic Modeling workshop. With early career focus. See below.
LuAnne

-----

Dear Colleagues,

We are thrilled to introduce the Consortium for the Advancement of Marine
Arctic Science (CAMAS), a dynamic platform designed to foster and elevate
global collaboration in the realm of marine Arctic science. As an evolution
of past successful initiatives such as the Forum for Arctic Ocean Modeling
and Observational Synthesis (FAMOS) and the Arctic Ocean Model
Intercomparison Project (AOMIP), CAMAS has been conceived to address the
critical need for a deeper understanding of the rapidly changing Arctic
environment. The overall aim of CAMAS is to advance the understanding and
model representation of key marine processes that contribute to the rapid
changes in the Arctic. In particular, CAMAS will focus on the following
themes:

- Drivers and impacts of ocean heat and freshwater transport into and
out of the Arctic
- Ocean-ice-atmosphere interactions in a warming Arctic
- Biophysical impacts of Arctic marine biogeochemistry

During 3 annual workshops, participants will initiate, execute, and
finalize coordinated activities that will advance our understanding of
these topics through multi-model analysis, model-observational synthesis,
and the development and evaluation of process-oriented metrics. Each
workshop will be preceded by an Early-Career School. The school will
consist of lectures and activities on hot topics in the field, with ample
discussion and social time.

The first CAMAS Workshop is planned for *February 14-16, 2024, in Santa Fe,
New Mexico* (with some remote participation). The Early-Career School will
be on *February 13* (in-person only).

For detailed information and registration, we invite you to visit our
website: https://cnls.lanl.gov/CAMAS
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://cnls.lanl.gov/CAMAS__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!ngmjHeiGDjlb8CnFWY9yCANniS8G-uZm9zvY_n5su2f032JoFEY-RxIsjie4QDNLdiPlc4q6PzptQw$>
. The registration process is now open and will continue until January 1,
2024. We are pleased to announce the availability of limited travel support
for early-career participants. Visit the website for details.

Feel free to reach out to our organizing committee at
camas-workshop at lanl.gov for workshop-related queries, and
camas-ec-school at lanl.gov for Early-Career School matters.

Warm regards,

Organizing Committee: