[pccgrads] Fw: Net Zero Northwest Workshop today, 1-3 PM, ATG 610

PROGRAM ON CLIMATE CHANGE uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Aug 3 10:07:01 PDT 2023

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Dargan Frierson <dargan at uw.edu<mailto:dargan at uw.edu>>
Date: Thu, Aug 3, 2023 at 10:00 AM
Subject: Net Zero Northwest Workshop today, 1-3 PM, ATG 610

Hi everyone,

This afternoon we’re hosting a mini-workshop on net zero pathways in the Pacific Northwest, and I’d like to invite you to attend. The main guests are from the Clean Energy Transition Institute<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.cleanenergytransition.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hlnIHReQ6ppTSkRu3UvAfAAHOcojjKr1fyLkZvehA0e0tEx5ZM1wT8leenSHP-AXwWJtkZy4LxhZxA$>, a non-partisan, independent group who are the authors of products like the recent Net-Zero Northwest<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nznw.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hlnIHReQ6ppTSkRu3UvAfAAHOcojjKr1fyLkZvehA0e0tEx5ZM1wT8leenSHP-AXwWJtkZzAUnwIjA$> report and the Northwest Clean Energy Atlas<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.nwceatlas.org/__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!hlnIHReQ6ppTSkRu3UvAfAAHOcojjKr1fyLkZvehA0e0tEx5ZM1wT8leenSHP-AXwWJtkZz-7OzVDA$>. You might remember a presentation about the latter during the PCC Spring Welcome event a few months ago — two students worked on that for their ACORN project.

Some UW folks will be talking about our own work on decarbonization pathways as well. There will be short presentations with lots of time for discussion, and it should be a fun afternoon. Feel free to come by for any or all of the event, in ATG room 610 from 1-3 PM on Thursday August 3rd (today).

Best,
Dargan

————
Dargan M. Frierson, Associate Professor