[pccgrads] Earth Deserves More Than a Day (Climate Justice Programming)

James Lee jamesleerwc at gmail.com
Sun Apr 16 08:04:46 PDT 2023

Hello PCC friends,

Front and Centered (FC) is hosting "Earth Deserves More Than a Day," *a
week-long program of virtual and in-person events
<https://frontandcentered.org/earth-deserves-more-than-a-day/>* focused on
climate and environmental justice. In-person events will be based out of
Columbia City Theater (4916 Rainier Ave S) in South Seattle from Monday to
Friday (April 17–21).

FC is a coalition of about 70 BIPOC-led member organizations in Washington
State and an environmental and climate justice (EJ/CJ) nonprofit. FC
advocates for statewide policy change and builds capacity within our
coalition of communities of color, Indigenous peoples, and people with
lower incomes.

I'm writing for two reasons: 1. to invite you to come and enjoy the
program, and 2. to ask for volunteers. If you're interested in the EJ/CJ
side of science and policy and what community-based organizations and BIPOC
folks in the area are doing to advance EJ/CJ, this is a great opportunity
to learn about some great organizations and earn community
service/volunteer hours on top of enjoying our week of programming!

You can volunteer for morning, afternoon, and evening shifts, and each
shift is only four hours long. *Check out our schedule
<https://frontandcentered.org/earth-deserves-more-than-a-day/>* and get in
touch with me to learn more! If you're interested, we can talk about your
availability, when we need volunteers and what for, and so on.

*Please note that both the event invite and the call for volunteers is open
to anyone** reading who might be interested**, not just current students.*

Thank you,

James
--
*James Lee :: he/him :: Master of Marine Affairs (UW '21)*
*650.207.7251 :: jamesleerwc at gmail.com <jamesleerwc at gmail.com>*