[pccgrads] Sign up to host an activity/booth at the Aquatic Sciences Open House!

Jenny Stern jhstern at uw.edu
Mon Apr 3 14:24:29 PDT 2023

Hello!

Students Explore Aquatic Sciences (SEAS) is excited to invite you to
showcase your aquatic research at our annual spring Aquatic Sciences Open
House
<https://fish.uw.edu/alumni-community/students-explore-aquatic-sciences-seas/uw-aquatic-science-open-house/>
on Sunday, May 21st, 2023 from 10 am - 4 pm.

What is the Aquatic Sciences Open House?

The Open House is open to the public and offers a free and family-friendly
day of hands-on learning to celebrate science and research that relates to
water. We’ll have hands-on activities led by current UW students, staff,
postdocs, and faculty across the College of the Environment and by
organizations from the greater Seattle area.

How can I get involved?

If you and your lab or student group would like to showcase your aquatic
research to a broad audience of all ages, please use this form
<https://forms.gle/GZ5SgqjHLB2QSUTL8> to reserve a booth/room. Priority
will be given in the order that groups fill out the form; please complete
the form <https://forms.gle/GZ5SgqjHLB2QSUTL8> by Friday, April 21.

Hosting a booth at the Open House is a wonderful opportunity to inspire the
next generation of aquatic scientists and enthusiasts and hone your skills
in interpreting your work for a K-12 audience.

Haven't presented your research to K-12 students before? Email me at
jhstern at uw.edu, and we can brainstorm ways to make your research, or the
scientific concepts related to it, accessible and fun for kids of all ages.

In addition to booth hosts, we will need several volunteers to ensure the
event runs smoothly. Please use this form
<https://forms.gle/MTWd6hjo8GjDgMDw8> if you are interested in volunteering.

If you have any questions, please feel free to email me. We look forward to
having you at the Open House!

Jenny Stern

jhstern at uw.edu

2023 SEAS Open House Coordinator