[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity - talk about urban climate adaptation and mitigation with 5th graders!

Claire Schollaert cscholla at uw.edu
Thu Sep 22 10:41:17 PDT 2022

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have received a request from Eliana Arias-Dolton, who mentors a group of 5th graders on topics related to climate change adaptation and mitigation measures. Eliana is looking for a virtual guest speaker to discuss anything related to climate change impacts in the PNW as well as adaptation and mitigation strategies, particularly in urban settings. This is a great opportunity for you to engage with our broader community and practice your science communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

Event specifics:

* WHO: 1 speaker with expertise in urban climate mitigation and/or adaptation (students, staff, and faculty are welcome!)
* WHAT: Talk about your work/research and your career path to 5th graders
* WHEN/WHERE: Virtual, 30-40 minutes between 10:00am-12:00pm on October 1st, October 15th, or October 22nd.

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me know by Thursday September 29th and I will choose volunteers in order of responses to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and connect you and other volunteers with the event managers.

Thanks!
Claire Schollaert
PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member
Public Engagement Subcommittee member