[pccgrads] Volunteer with Futurewise!

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Oct 24 14:16:03 PDT 2022

Futurewise is offering a volunteer opportunity...learn more about them here
and please share this with your friends.

Have you ever stressed about finding rent you can afford? About how easily
you’ll be able to get to school, work, or home? You’re not alone– there’s
a lot of problems we face in our world, but the good news is we have
solutions. We can live in a world with affordable housing and frequent
transit but it starts with you.

Interested in volunteering? Fill out this form! [futurewise.salsalabs.org]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://futurewise.salsalabs.org/futurewisecampaignkickoff__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!l460w-PqElWp6delJY03E5-5xDiUdz3Il4k9qpbRWp-Vdoy-kS06H2LwFZiDDUvCJxFXliWCFPcS_HXIzY8$>

Futurewise [futurewise.org]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://www.futurewise.org/home__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!l460w-PqElWp6delJY03E5-5xDiUdz3Il4k9qpbRWp-Vdoy-kS06H2LwFZiDDUvCJxFXliWCFPcSm6Ec9Wc$>
is looking for volunteers for the upcoming launch of our upcoming 2023
campaign! Futurewise works throughout Washington state to encourage
healthy, equitable and opportunity-rich communities, and to protect our
most valuable farmlands, forests and water resources through wise land use
policies and practices. Last year we worked to pass laws to prevent urban
sprawl, address income and racial-based housing discrimination, and more.

This year, we’re working to increase affordable housing, improve public
transit, and add climate change commitments to city development. In order
to do this, we need to show Washington’s leaders that we care about living
in an equitable and affordable future. We’ll do this through sending
hundreds of emails, getting covered by the media, and lobbying elected
officials in Olympia, virtually and in-person. But we need your help!
[futurewise.salsalabs.org]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://futurewise.salsalabs.org/futurewisecampaignkickoff__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!l460w-PqElWp6delJY03E5-5xDiUdz3Il4k9qpbRWp-Vdoy-kS06H2LwFZiDDUvCJxFXliWCFPcS_HXIzY8$>

Whether you’ve been involved on a local level before or not, we’re looking
for passionate volunteers to help out and learn skills needed to be an
effective activist. Interested or want to learn more? Fill out this
interest form to get connected. [docs.google.com]
<https://urldefense.com/v3/__https://docs.google.com/document/u/0/d/1Bc8RuZ1sxKGIySNZRuoqTpIaAzldkW5Gc5TSACY9o8o/edit__;!!K-Hz7m0Vt54!l460w-PqElWp6delJY03E5-5xDiUdz3Il4k9qpbRWp-Vdoy-kS06H2LwFZiDDUvCJxFXliWCFPcS0U1klEk$>

Looking forward to working with you!

Best,

Marcella Buser

Futurewise State Organizer

marcella at futurewise.org

--

"The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands

@uwpcc pcc.uw.edu uwpcc at uw.edu