[pccgrads] Applications for 2022 Graduate Climate Conference Now Open!

Becca Cleveland Stout rrcs at uw.edu
Tue May 17 11:23:27 PDT 2022

Hi PCC!

We’re excited to announce that the application for the 2022 Graduate
Climate Conference is now open, and that the deadline to apply is June
8! If you do climate-related research (whether in climate policy,
oceanography, economics, etc), please consider applying here
<https://bit.ly/GCC22APP>! More info is below.

----------

We are pleased to announce the 16th Annual Graduate Climate Conference
(GCC), which will be hosted by the University of Washington and held
in-person on October 28 - 30, 2022 at Pack Forest Conference Center
<https://www.packforest.org/> in Eatonville, Washington.

The GCC is an interdisciplinary conference run by graduate students, for
graduate students featuring panel discussions, presentations, workshops,
social events, and more. The organizers of GCC strive to feature a diverse
representation of students and research topics to create a broader, more
inclusive community for emerging leaders in climate-related fields.
Historically, the GCC has been organized by graduate students associated
with the University of Washington’s Program on Climate Change and the MIT
Department of Earth, Atmospheric and Planetary Sciences. This year, we are
excited to expand our organizing committee to include students from
INRS/Universite du Québec, London School of Economics, Boston College,
Boise State University, Kansas State University, University of Victoria,
University of Oklahoma, University of California Berkeley and the
University of California Davis.

We encourage students from all backgrounds and stages of their graduate
careers to apply. GCC highlights climate research from a variety of
disciplines from the physical, natural, and social sciences and humanities,
including anthropology, atmospheric sciences, biology, communication,
environmental sciences, economics, engineering, ethics, geography, geology,
law, oceanography, public health, public policy, resource management,
forestry, and more.

We highly encourage abstracts from students with traditionally
underrepresented backgrounds.

Applications for GCC 2022 are now open. The deadline for abstract
submission is June 8. Acceptances will be emailed in July. Limited funding
to cover any costs incurred by attending the conference will be awarded on
an as-needed basis to as many participants as possible.

Click the following links to access the application
<https://bit.ly/GCC22APP> and the conference website
<https://graduateclimateconference.github.io/>.

Local COVID-19 guidelines will be followed during the conference.

Please contact the Organizing Committee with any questions at
gradclimateconference at gmail.com

We hope to see you this fall!

Sincerely,

The GCC 2022 Organizing Committee