[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity: Earth Day at Innovation Lab High School

Ellen Koukel ekoukel at uw.edu
Mon Mar 7 10:35:34 PST 2022

Hello all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have
received a request from Innovation Lab High School for a few speakers to
present during their Earth Day project. Many of the students are very
passionate about environmental issues and want this event to inspire
students to learn about the world around them. This is a great opportunity
for you to engage with our broader community and practice science
communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

*WHO*: 2-3 grad students, postdocs, or faculty members with expertise in
the environment, climate change, natural Earth systems, or government
involvement in environmental preservation.
*WHAT*: Each speaker gives either one large presentation (55 min) to the
entire school or presents to about 70 students at a time for 25 minutes.
Speakers can choose to present either once or multiple times throughout the
day. Presentations can also include speaker-led activities for the students.
*WHEN*/*WHERE*: Friday, April 22, 8:10-2:55 (presenters do not have to
attend for the entire day) either on zoom or in person at 2020 224th St.
SE, Bothell.

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know by *Monday March 28th* and I will choose volunteers in order of
response to this email. When you email, I will confirm your interest and
connect you and other volunteers with the event managers.

Thanks!
Ellen Koukel
PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member
Public Engagement Subcommittee member

--
Ellen Koukel (she/her)
Graduate Student