[pccgrads] SEFS 508: Plant Modeling --Autumn quarter

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Jun 2 12:42:55 PDT 2022

Please find a flyer for SEFS 508: Plant Modeling, a grad course occurring
AU 22 that is also open to undergraduates and might be relevant to you. May
be used to satisfy the application course for the grad certificate in
climate, or an undergraduate climate minor requirement.

The course:

In this course, we use our knowledge about the physiology and ecology of
plants to build and apply process-based plant ecophysiology models. Through
modeling, we address questions like “how will crops respond to climate
extremes?” and “When will the cherry trees on UW campus bloom?” The primary
focus is on explanatory models but other approaches including statistical
and machine learning models are discussed. Basic understanding and
curiosity in plant ecophysiology and interest in scientific computing are
recommended to take and enjoy this course. We will do some coding in Julia
language using Cropbox package as the modeling framework (
https://github.com/cropbox) but fluency in programming is not required. See
course materials at: https://github.com/uwkimlab/plant_modeling

Fridays, 10:30am-1:20pm (AU 22)

--
"The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands

@uwpcc pcc.uw.edu uwpcc at uw.edu