[pccgrads] Fwd: Potential Funding for Incoming or Current Graduate Students Interested in Freshwater!

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Dec 9 07:08:10 PST 2022

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Athena A. Bertolino <athenab at uw.edu>
Date: Wed, Dec 7, 2022 at 12:00 PM
Subject: Potential Funding for Incoming or Current Graduate Students
Interested in Freshwater!
To: Future Rivers Program <futurerivers at uw.edu>

*Applications <https://futurerivers.uw.edu/apply/> are now open for the
University of Washington Future Rivers <https://futurerivers.uw.edu/>
graduate training program for our final cohort year beginning Autumn
quarter 2023!*

*Any prospective (incoming fall quarter 2023) or current PhD or Masters
students with an interest in freshwater in any discipline at the University
of Washington are encouraged to apply.*

*Future Rivers is an NSF-funded graduate training program building skills
in data science, science communication, and social justice to bridge work
across all fields to better solve today's freshwater sustainability
challenges. *

*It is a one-year program that is undertaken alongside any chosen graduate
degree. We offer up to 18-months of full funding on a competitive basis. *

*Applications can be submitted anytime; however, to be considered for
funding, submissions need to be received by January 27, 2023. *

*We request a 1-2 page statement of interest from prospective students and
a letter of support from a potential advisor (for new students) or current
advisor (for currently enrolled students) – further details can be found in
the application form <https://futurerivers.uw.edu/apply/>.*

* For additional program information or questions about the application
process, please contact futurerivers at uw.edu <futurerivers at uw.edu> or
visit futurerivers.uw.edu <https://futurerivers.uw.edu/>.*

--
"The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands

@uwpcc pcc.uw.edu uwpcc at uw.edu