[pccgrads] Climate Science on Tap: Global Politics and Energy on a Warming Planet-Wed Aug 10 at 7pm

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Mon Aug 1 05:38:31 PDT 2022

Climate Science on Tap event
Wednesday, August 10th at 7:00 PM.

at Bickersons Brewhouse in Ballard
1514 NW Leary Way
Seattle, WA 98107

The geopolitics of energy plays a key and dynamic role in modern life,
affecting many aspects of international decision-making. This truth has
been more than highlighted by Russia’s war in Ukraine. Issues surrounding
energy are critical to security relationships and are central to all
considerations of climate change and its impacts.

Join *Nick Touran <https://partofthething.com/>*, Ph.D. a nuclear
engineer, and *Scott L. Montgomery*
<https://www.washington.edu/news/people/scott-montgomery/>, M.S. an energy
policy expert for a conversation on essential developments related to the
Energy Transition and its geopolitical realities. Following
the conversation, there will be time for audience Q&A.

Energy use is by far the largest source of climate-warming gases, which
means every one of us is directly involved, and in a position to do
something positive. While there are changes to the way we live that can
make a difference, it is also the way we think, our level of understanding
about progress on non-carbon options, including nuclear fission and fusion,
that will prove essential. Come hear a conversation between two experts in
energy-related fields on the status of these options and how you might be
able to get involved.

Sign up and more information is at
Stranger Tickets

.

--
"The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands

@uwpcc pcc.uw.edu uwpcc at uw.edu