[pccgrads] PCC Spring Symposium May 19th-details and registration here

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri Apr 22 16:17:03 PDT 2022

The PCC Graduate Student Steering Committee is thrilled to announce that
the annual PCC Spring Symposium will be held on *Thursday, May 19th from
5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in FSH 102. *There will be five ten-minute talks in FSH
102 followed by *appetizers and drinks* in the FSH lobby.

This year’s spring symposium will feature five phenomenal speakers:

*Nicolas Wittstock *
*East-West Technology Transfer and the US Clean Energy Policy Trilemma*
(Political Science)

*Molly Wieringa*
*High Frequency Sea Ice Variability: Do We Know What We Think We Know? *
(Atmospheric Sciences)

*Daaniya Iyaz*
*All Fired Up: Looking at the Impact of Wildfire Smoke on Seattle
Children’s Hospital Patients*
(Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences)

*Greta Shum*
*Frackalachia: How Natural Gas Failed Communities in the Ohio River Valley*
(ACORN Project)

*Cassidy Berlin*
*Evans Capstone project on Lakewood City Climate Action*
(Graduate Certificate in Climate Science Project)

Please RSVP to indicate that you will attend the Spring Symposium in the
following google form: https://forms.gle/4U9dUtq4zSnTua7V8

An RSVP is not mandatory to attend, but will help us plan.

Thank you!

PCC Graduate Steering Committee

--
"The University of Washington acknowledges the Coast Salish peoples of this
land, the land which touches the shared waters of all tribes and bands

@uwpcc pcc.uw.edu uwpcc at uw.edu