[pccgrads] Announcing the 2022 PCC Spring Symposium

Ursula Jongebloed ujongebl at uw.edu
Thu Apr 21 21:19:44 PDT 2022

Hi PCC grad students and post-docs!

The PCC Graduate Student Steering Committee is thrilled to announce that the annual PCC Spring Symposium will be held on Thursday, May 19th from 5:30 to 7:30 p.m. in FSH 102. There will be five ten-minute talks in FSH 102 followed by appetizers and drinks in the FSH lobby.

This year’s spring symposium will feature five phenomenal speakers:

Nicolas Wittstock
East-West Technology Transfer and the US Clean Energy Policy Trilemma
(Political Science)

Molly Wieringa
High Frequency Sea Ice Variability: Do We Know What We Think We Know?
(Atmospheric Sciences)

Daaniya Iyaz
All Fired Up: Looking at the Impact of Wildfire Smoke on Seattle Children’s Hospital Patients
(Environmental & Occupational Health Sciences)

Greta Shum
Frackalachia: How Natural Gas Failed Communities in the Ohio River Valley
(ACORN Project)

Cassidy Berlin
GCeCS project on Lakewood City Climate Action
(Graduate Certificate in Climate Science Project)

Please RSVP to indicate that you will attend the Spring Symposium in the following google form: https://forms.gle/4U9dUtq4zSnTua7V8

An RSVP is not mandatory to attend, but will help us plan.

Thank you!

PCC Graduate Steering Committee

--
Ursula Jongebloed