[pccgrads] PCC Outreach Opportunity: Ocean Acidification Presentation at Newport High School

Noah Rosenberg noahrose at uw.edu
Thu Apr 7 15:58:10 PDT 2022

Hi all,

We have an exciting community outreach opportunity for you! We have
received a request from Newport High School in Bellevue for a speaker to
give a presentation to sophomore general chemistry classes on ocean
acidification. The students have been learning about acid/base chemistry by
studying the effects of ocean acidification on oyster shells. This is a
great opportunity for you to engage with our broader community and practice
your science communication skills. The event specifics are outlined below:

-

1 person with expertise in ocean acidification
-

Give a short presentation to all 7 sections of general chemistry (with a
lunch break in the middle)
-

One Monday, Tuesday, or Friday in mid to late May, 8:00 am to 3:00 pm,
in person at Newport High School in Bellevue

If you are interested in volunteering for this opportunity, please let me
know by *Friday, April 15 *and I will choose volunteers in order of
connect you and other volunteers with the event managers.

Thanks!

Noah Rosenberg

PCC Graduate Student Advisory Committee member

Public Engagement Subcommittee member