[pccgrads] Fwd: paleoclimate class

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Oct 31 16:38:20 PDT 2019

Dear PCC grads

I am teaching ESS/OCN/ATM 589 this winter, and I would welcome your
participation.
I have not taught this class in a few years. It is worth noting that next
year (2021) I expect to co-teach ESS 584 with Julian Sachs -- that's
"paleoclimate proxies" and has quite different content. And you can take
both.

589 is on the books to be taught 9:00 to 10:30 T and Th. This is
*potentially* movable depending on students schedules.

It will be one class per week of background (largely lecture style)
followed by discussion of a contemporary, unresolved issue in the field.

I expect it will be both informative and productive.

Happy to answer questions about it. In the meanwhile, you can sign up here
for

ESS:
https://sdb.admin.uw.edu/timeschd/uwnetid/sln.asp?QTRYR=WIN+2020&SLN=14747

Atmos:
https://sdb.admin.uw.edu/timeschd/uwnetid/sln.asp?QTRYR=WIN+2020&SLN=10653

Ocean:
https://sdb.admin.uw.edu/timeschd/uwnetid/sln.asp?QTRYR=WIN+2020&SLN=18424

Best

Eric Steig (steig at uw.edu)

--
Program on Climate Change at the University of Washington
Office Phone: 206-543-6521
uwpcc at uw.edu
pcc.uw.edu