[pccgrads] FW: Storytelling Opportunities for Students

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Oct 23 10:24:46 PDT 2019

*From:* Rosie Sun <sun97 at uw.edu>
*Sent:* Tuesday, October 22, 2019 8:00 AM
*To:* UW Environment Advising <coenvadv at uw.edu>
*Subject:* Storytelling Opportunities for Students

I am student at UW studying International Studies and Business. I have a
storytelling opportunity that I am hoping you can share with your students
and network! My RSO, Voyage UW, is a travel magazine on campus that aims to
spread cultural and geographical awareness through storytelling. We have
decided that the next topic of our Issue is going to be about
Sustainability and Travel.

For this upcoming issue, we are looking for written and visual stories that
reflect on the environment and highlight changes in our world and travel
due to climate change. As a lifetime traveller, we are interested in
hearing stories of how our travels and experiences have been altered due to
climate change and what can we do to travel more sustainably.

Stories we would like to hear includes (but not limited to): How do our
explorations impact the people and places we visit? How can we reduce our
footprint while traveling? What natural spaces that you loved, cherished,
or appreciated have been affected by climate? What do you believe needs to
be protected now or in the future? How has nature impacted or inspired you,
and changed the way you travel?

Through this issue, we hope to connect our readers to our one and only
Mother Nature, as there is no Planet B. If you are interested in this
opportunity only have to submit a short summary or a rough draft of your
idea through this link
<https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe_uTI_LxSFw_5vDoey7-FUw861Ks8NaGkF_IYIlKEGEcf5Hg/viewform>.
If the idea/essay is selected, we will pair you up with a copy editor to
help you tell your story. The proposal is due this Sunday!

https://www.facebook.com/events/1147852688744764/

Thank you so much for helping!

*Rosie Sun** |*

University of Washington, Seattle | Exp. Graduation June 2020

E: *sun97 at uw.edu <sun97 at uw.edu>* | T: *+1 (206)890-3952*

Michael G. Foster School of Business | Supply Chain Management,
Information System, and CISB
Henry M. Jackson School of International Studies | International
Political Economy

Program on Climate Change at the University of Washington
Office Phone: 206-543-6521
uwpcc at uw.edu
pcc.uw.edu