[pccgrads] Fwd: Book chat with Ian Urbina | October 18th

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Wed Oct 16 15:00:21 PDT 2019

_______________
Hello!

Just wanted to reach out with regards to a book chat/Q&A with author Ian
Urbina happening this *Friday, October 18th from 6:00 pm - 8:00 pm at the
Fishery Sciences Buildin*g: R*oom 102. *We just wanted to make sure that
the UWPCC community knew of the event and felt welcomed! Should be pretty
cool!

The Student Environmental Affairs Society and the Society of Professional
Journalists, UW Chapter, are co-hosting a book talk with best-selling
author, Ian Urbina <https://www.nytimes.com/by/ian-urbina>. The talk will
be moderated by our very own, Dr. Eddie Allison. We will have snacks and
drinks before and after the Q&A.

Ian Urbina is an award-winning investigative reporter for publications such
as The New York Times, The Atlantic, and National Geographic. Urbina will
be talking about his latest book, *The Outlaw Ocean: Journeys Across the
Untamed Frontier <https://www.theoutlawocean.com/>, *which debuted on the
New York Times Bestseller List within its first week of release. *The
Outlaw Ocean* is a riveting adrenaline-fueled journalistic exploration of
the lawlessness of the high seas. Urbina spent five years researching a
diversity of open ocean abuses, such as: illegal fishing, overfishing, arms
trafficking at sea, sea slavery, international waste dumping, piracy, and
other topics that are normally unseen and unheard of.

Details:

*Book chat with Ian Urbina*
*Moderated by Dr. Eddie Allison*
*Friday, October 18th 6:00 - 8:00 pm *
*The School of Aquatic Fishery Sciences: Fishery Sciences Building*
*1122 NE Boat Street, Seattle Washington 98105*
*Room 102*

If you have any questions please reach out to me at : mskrobe at uw.edu

Thanks!

Marlena

--
Marlena Skrobe
Cell | 201-618-6702

--
Marlena Skrobe
Cell | 201-618-6702
Website | marlenaskrobe.com <http://marlenaskrobe.com>
MMA Candidate 2020 | School of Marine And Environmental Affairs

--
Program on Climate Change at the University of Washington
Office Phone: 206-543-6521
uwpcc at uw.edu
pcc.uw.edu