[pccgrads] PCC Fall Welcome and Program Tips

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Thu Oct 3 11:51:13 PDT 2019

Hello PCC Community!

For PCC people new and continuing, take a look at a few of the many ways to
participate in the program beyond the annual events.

*Research Highlights*—the PCC website has a special section
<https://pcc.uw.edu/research/research-highlights/> for sharing your climate
related research. Let our broad readership know the importance of your
work.

Range of approaches. We encourage adding a personal touch:

https://pcc.uw.edu/blog/research/fires-in-africa-affect-clouds-and-climate-over-the-atlantic-ocean/

but if that is not for you, sticking to the research is fine too

https://pcc.uw.edu/blog/research/the-origin-of-soil-moisture-evaporation-regimes/

Want to get started? See our guide here.
<https://pcc.uw.edu/research/write-a-research-highlight/>

Need a little extra incentive? We are planning for the next PCC newsletter
<https://explore.uw.edu/index.php/email/emailWebview>to come out in
November. We will include links to a few research highlights. Could it be
yours?

*Graduate Certificate in Climate Science-information session*

Are you a graduate student interested in learning more about the Graduate
Certificate in Climate Science
<https://pcc.uw.edu/education/graduate-certificate/>? Or perhaps you know
a graduate student interested, but not on the PCC mailman lists
<https://pcc.uw.edu/about/get-involved/listserves/>? We’ve got a survey to
help us coordinate an information session/meet and greet with potential
project leads. Please fill out the survey/share the link!
https://forms.gle/Edkk6Wm1JJ1X7Z2r8

If you are interested in working with a capstone student, please email us
at uwpcc at uw.edu with your idea.

*Blog posts*

The PCC website includes a news and blog section to share your ideas!
https://pcc.uw.edu/news/ Send to uwpcc at uw.edu.

*Climate calendar*

We collate climate related events relevant to the PCC audience on a
calendar that can be found from the PCC website: https://pcc.uw.edu/events/

Send along your climate event! uwpcc at uw.edu

*PCC People—help us grow our **participant page*
<https://uwpcc.ocean.washington.edu/directory>*!*

We have a growing number of PCC participants joining the directory. You
can find past members of the PCC community there too! Would you like to add
yourself? Let us know! uwpcc at uw.edu. It takes only a few minutes once we
send you your unique invitation/link.

*The PCC Graduate Student Steering Committee (P-GraSC)*

This dynamic group is composed of 9-15 graduate students from academic
programs across UW and serves to represent the varied needs and
perspectives of the PCC graduate student community to the PCC Board. Take
a look at who they are
<https://pcc.uw.edu/people/graduate-student-steering-committee/>, and look
for emails about their activities through the pccgrads listserve.

*Listserves*

Do you have colleagues who would like to participate and be notified of PCC
activities? Interested colleagues are encouraged to self-subscribe to one
of several PCC mailman listserves.

https://pcc.uw.edu/about/get-involved/listserves/

*For realtime PCC updates, visit the pcc homepage (**pcc.uw.edu*
<https://pcc.uw.edu/>*) where events, program updates, blogs including
those about completed GCeCS capstone projects, links to research
highlights, and tweets from @uwpcc are compiled.*

Enjoy!
--
Program on Climate Change at the University of Washington
Office Phone: 206-543-6521
uwpcc at uw.edu
pcc.uw.edu