[pccgrads] Correction! re QRC 50th anniversary -- speaker nominations sought

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri May 31 14:39:06 PDT 2019

Dear PCC folks,

* NOTE: This should have said, QRC will cover cost for a speaker in YOUR
department's colloquium.*

Eric

Original (corrected) note below:
Dear PCC folks,

The Quaternary Research Center (QRC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary
this year, and as part of our celebration, we are organizing a "QRC Week"
for Autumn Quarter. We are inviting a number of researchers to campus who
will attract attention across multiple departments.

QRC can cover the costs (up to some reasonable amount), including, flights,
hotel stays, etc. * for a speaker in your department's colloquium.*

We would love to have suggestions, especially from grad students.

Of particular interest of course are people whose work focuses on, or
overlaps with a Quaternary theme -- humans, environment, climate, land
surface, ocean, ecosystems on Quaternary timescales (the past 2 million
years of Earth history).

Please send your suggestions to Eric Steig (steig at uw.edu).

THANKS,
Best wishes,

Eric Steig (ESS), Juliet Crider (ESS) and Ben Fitzhugh (Anthropology / QRC
Director)