[pccgrads] QRC 50th anniversary -- speaker nominations sought

UW Program On Climate Change uwpcc at uw.edu
Fri May 31 12:14:02 PDT 2019

Dear PCC folks,

The Quaternary Research Center (QRC) is celebrating its 50th anniversary
this year, and as part of our celebration, we are organizing a "QRC Week"
for Autumn Quarter. We are inviting a number of researchers to campus who
will attract attention across multiple departments.

QRC can cover the costs (up to some reasonable amount), including, flights,
hotel stays, etc. for a speaker for our ESS Colloquium!

We would love to have suggestions, especially from grad students.

Of particular interest of course are people whose work focuses on, or
overlaps with a Quaternary theme -- humans, environment, climate, land
surface, ocean, ecosystems on Quaternary timescales (the past 2 million
years of Earth history).

Please send your suggestions to Eric Steig (steig at uw.edu).

THANKS,

Best wishes,

Eric Steig (ESS), Juliet Crider (ESS) and Ben Fitzhugh (Anthropology / QRC
Director)