[pccgrads] Schooner Series - May 16 7:30 pm Peddler Brewing

Alex Stote stote at uw.edu
Tue May 14 19:29:47 PDT 2019

A friendly reminder that this edition of the Schooner Series-- Scales of
Climate Change, is happening this Thursday at 7:30 pm. We hope to see you
there!

Scales of Climate Change

When: Thursday, May 16, 2019, 7:30 – 8:30 pm

Where: Peddler Brewing Company: 1514 NW Leary Way, Seattle, WA 98107

This venue is family and pet friendly.

Sponsors: University of Washington Program on Climate Change and Cascadia
Climate Action

As an issue that spans multiple scales and dimensions, climate change
impacts our lives and the lives of others in small and large ways. Join us
for this Schooner Series as we take a look at the time and space scales
spanned by human-induced climate change; the scales of the costs associated
with a changing climate; and the scales of action we can take, ranging from
individual up to global levels. When it comes to climate change, talking
about effects and impacts can be a challenging task. We’re here to serve up
big topics in pint-sized packages with a fun, informative, conversation
over a brew. *Don't forget your bike benefits sticker to get $1 off your
first beer!* Reserve a free ticket to the event here:
https://www.strangertickets.com/events/95206763/scales-of-climate-change

Panel:

- Judy Twedt, Atmospheric Sciences
- Pegah Jalali, School of Environmental and Forestry Sciences
- Lucas Zeppetello, Atmospheric Sciences

Best,
P-GraSC Public Engagement Subcommittee

On Thu, May 9, 2019 at 7:53 AM Sarah Ragen <sragen at uw.edu> wrote:

> Hi friends,

> Mark your calendars for our next round of Climate Science on Tap Schooner

> Series Talk! We hope to see you there.

> Scales of Climate Change

> When: Thursday, May 16, 2018, 7:30 – 8:30 pm

> Where: Peddler Brewing Company: 1514 NW Leary Way, Seattle, WA 98107

> This venue is family and pet friendly.

> Sponsors: University of Washington Program on Climate Change and

> Cascadia Climate Action

> As an issue that spans multiple scales and dimensions, climate change

> impacts our lives and the lives of others in small and large ways.. Join us

> for this Schooner Series as we take a look at the time and space scales

> spanned by human-induced climate change; the scales of the costs associated

> with a changing climate; and the scales of action we can take, ranging from

> individual up to global levels. When it comes to climate change, talking

> about effects and impacts can be a challenging task. We’re here to serve up

> big topics in pint-sized packages with a fun, informative, conversation

> over a brew. Don't forget your bike benefits sticker to get $1 off your

> first beer! Reserve a free ticket to the event here:

> https://www.strangertickets.com/events/95206763/scales-of-climate-change

> Panel:

> - Judy Twedt, Atmospheric Sciences

> - Lucas Zeppetello, Atmospheric Sciences

> - Pegah Jalali, School of Environmental and Forestry Sciences

> Best,

> P-GraSC Public Engagement Subcommittee

> *SARAH RAGEN*

> UNIVERSITY OF WASHINGTON

> SCHOOL OF OCEANOGRAPHY

> OFFICE: OSB 331A

*Alexandra Stote*
M.M.A Candidate, School of Marine and Environmental Affairs
Graduate Certificate Candidate, Program on Climate Change

University of Washington
3707 Brooklyn Ave NE
Seattle, WA 98112