[pccgrads] Fwd: USGS Job opportunity

Luanne Thompson luanne at uw.edu
Sun May 12 16:41:56 PDT 2019

Interesting job!

LuAnne

---------- Forwarded message ---------
From: Richey, Julie <jrichey at usgs.gov>
Date: Fri, May 10, 2019 at 8:00 AM
Subject: USGS Job opportunity
To: <luanne at uw.edu>

Hello Luanne,

We met and chatted a bit about the loop current when you visited St. Pete a
few years ago. I have a vacancy for a research scientist position in my
group at the USGS in St. Petersburg, and I am putting out feelers to see if
there are recent graduates who may be looking for a federal research
position (it would need to be filled by the end of this fiscal year).

Our group generates paleo reconstructions of SST and SSS from corals and
foraminifera in the Gulf of Mexico/Caribbean region, and is working on
using some of those reconstructions to constrain Loop Current/Florida
Current variability in the Holocene. We would really like to recruit
someone with a strong foundation in physical oceanography and modeling to
conduct independent hypothesis-driven research that is complementary to our
current research.

Please let me know if you know of anyone who might be interested, or feel
free to have people contact me directly.

Best,

Julie
---------------------------
Julie Richey, Ph.D.
Research Geologist
St. Petersburg Coastal and Marine Science Center
U.S. Geological Survey
600 4th Street South
St. Petersburg, FL 33701
ph. (office) 727-502-8123