[pccgrads] Dance for Water Issues

Jessica Badgeley badgeley at uw.edu
Mon May 6 10:15:11 PDT 2019

Hi all,

We have two fun events to tell you about and an opportunity to be part of a community dance performance!

Events with Karin Stevens Dance:

Sea Change Within Us <https://www.karinstevensdance.com/currentwork/2018/6/23/ongoing-water-climate-change-project>: May 10-12th at Base: Experimental Arts + Space
"On May 10th - 12th, as part of KSD’s ongoing work in water concerns and climate change consequences, we will premiere a new work at Base: Experimental Arts + Space as a Base Independent Production. This 60 minute dance, with the audience seated on four sides, features 10 dancers moving 2-D planes into a dynamic 3-D installation by Roger Feldman, an original sound score by Seattle Composers Jessi Harvey and Kaley Lane Eaton, costumes by Sarah Mosher, and lighting design by Sara Torres.”

Global Water Dances <http://globalwaterdances.org/>: June 15th at the South Lake Union Park
“Global Water Dances aims to use the international languages of dance and film to promote awareness and a behavioral shift toward solutions for water preservation and conservation through community engagement.”

Dance Opportunity:
Karin Stevens is actively looking for community members to participate in a piece for the Global Water Dances on June 15th. Please see the attached flyer for more information and contact Karin if you’re interested in participating.

Best,
Jessica

-----
Jessica Badgeley