[pccgrads] an interesting AMS session on inter-basin interaction

Xiaojuan Liu xiaojuanliu.atmos at gmail.com
Sun Jul 21 19:47:21 PDT 2019

Dear grads,

Please consider submitting an abstract to an AMS session below. Thank you!

Best,
Xiaojuan

The 100th AMS annual meeting will be held in Boston on January 12 - 16th
2020. We will host an *Inter-basin Interaction**Session*- 51990: “*Inter-basin
Interactions Between the Pacific, the Atlantic, and the Indian Ocean and
Their Impacts on the Global Climate Variability” *in the AMS meeting. I
wonder if you will be happy to join this session? I really appreciate your
help!

The *Processes*, the *Mechanisms*, and the *Impacts *of the interbasin
interactions are all tightly relevant to our session. The presentations
could be about the impacts of the ENSO on the Indian Ocean/Atlantic and the
feedbacks of the latter two, the influences of the AMO on the Indian Ocean
and the PDO, as well as the impacts of the MJO/ENSO/PDO/AMO on the global
climate variability, etc.

If you are interested in joining this session, please submit your abstracts
though this webpage (there is also an introduction of our session):

https://ams.confex.com/ams/2020Annual/webprogrampreliminary/Session51990.html
. The deadline will be August 1st.

Again, I really appreciate your help and your attention. Wish you all the
best, and look forward to seeing you in AMS!