[pccgrads] Help organize the 2019 Graduate Climate Conference!

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Tue Jan 8 09:55:29 PST 2019

Hi all,

*TLDR: Sign up to be a remote organizer for the MIT GCC
here: https://goo.gl/forms/VqpiY2Eicaba28Lj2
<https://goo.gl/forms/VqpiY2Eicaba28Lj2>*

Welcome back from Winter Break! Although UW will not be hosting the
Graduate Climate Conference this year, there is an awesome opportunity for
a couple* of UW students to serve as remote organizers for MIT's committee
to help plan the GCC that will happen this fall at Woods Hole. As a remote
organizer, you'll assist with grading abstracts and other tasks that can be
done remotely, as well as offering a UW perspective in planning more
generally.

You do not need to have been a GCC organizer before to be a remote
organizer this year, although having attended at least one prior GCC would
be helpful. In addition, we would want the remote organizers this year to
commit to being on the organizing committee in some capacity when the GCC
comes back to UW in 2020.

If you're interested, sign up here <https://goo.gl/forms/VqpiY2Eicaba28Lj2>!
If you have questions, feel free to reach out to me or Emma.

Cheers,
Michael & Emma

*Probably 2, but depending on interest the MIT organizers will decide what
number works best for them

--
Michael S. Diamond
PhD Student