[pccgrads] GPSS Brown Bag Lunch with EarthLab's Ben Packard (1/8)

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Fri Jan 4 10:12:31 PST 2019

Hi all,

Welcome back to winter quarter, and I hope everyone had a good holiday
season!

The Graduate and Professional Student Senate’s Science and Policy committee
is hosting EarthLab’s Ben Packard
<https://earthlab.uw.edu/2017/09/uw-welcomes-first-earthlab-executive-director/>
for
our first brown bag lunch of the year on Tuesday, 1/8, in HUB 314. EarthLab
<https://earthlab.uw.edu/> is a one-year-old, university-wide initiative to
connect local and regional policy makers with environmental research done
at the UW. Ben, who previously worked with The Nature Conservancy on
environmental sustainability and is the now the Executive Director of
EarthLab, will be presenting EarthLab’s vision and discussing the role that
graduate students can play in transferring our research into actionable
policy.

Please join us this *Tuesday at 11:30 am in HUB 314* (the GPSS office) and
don’t forget your lunch!

Cheers,
Michael

--