[pccgrads] Dec 5th Info Session for GCC 2020 Planning Committee

Michael S Diamond diamond2 at uw.edu
Thu Dec 5 09:17:38 PST 2019

Hi all,

Just a reminder that our first info session for those interested in
planning the 2020 Graduate Climate Conference is *this afternoon at 1 PM in
JHN 377* (QRC library). If you're interested but won't be able to make it
today, just let Michael (diamond2 at uw.edu) and Emma (eckahle at uw.edu) know
and we'll keep you in the loop.

Cheers,
Emma & Michael
GCC 2018 Co-Chairs

On Wed, Nov 20, 2019 at 10:07 AM Emma C Kahle <eckahle at uw.edu> wrote:

> Interested in helping to plan a conference for GRAD STUDENTS and by GRAD

> STUDENTS? Come to a casual information session on *Thursday December 5th

> from 1-2pm in JHN 377* (the QRC library) to learn more!

> The Graduate Climate Conference will be returning to UW in the fall of

> 2020, and it is time to start the process of forming the planning

> committee. We’ll meet up to chat about what it’s like to help run the

> conference and what the different roles are that need to be filled. We’ll

> have a follow up meeting in early January to officially form the planning

> committee. If you can’t make it on Dec 5th, but are still interested in

> learning more, feel free to send us (eckahle at uw.edu, diamond2 at uw.edu) an

> email and we’ll keep you in the loop.

> *What is the GCC? *

> An international and interdisciplinary conference that brings together

> students who study different aspects of Earth’s climate, climate impacts,

> and human dimensions of climate change. Only graduate students are invited,

> so tell your advisors to stay home!

> *Who can join the planning committee? *

> Any graduate student who will be around in Fall of 2020.

> *What is the time commitment?*

> Different roles on the planning committee require different amounts of

> time, and at different points during the year (winter quarter, spring

> quarter, summer quarter, or fall quarter). Depending on when you are

> available to help, there is something you can be involved with!

> Hope to see you on December 5th!

> Michael and Emma

> GCC 2018 Co-Chairs

Michael S. Diamond