[pccgrads] Climate Science on Tap: Schooner Series is Coming Up!

Elizabeth Matteri ematteri at uw.edu
Mon Dec 2 09:03:30 PST 2019

Dear PCC Community,

Please join us for our upcoming Schooner Series:

Hitting Home: Climate Change Impacts in the PNW

When: Tuesday, December 3, 2019, 7:00 – 8:30 pm

Where: Flying Bike Cooperative Brewery, 8570 Greenwood Ave N, Seattle, WA
98103

This venue is family and pet friendly.

Sponsors: University of Washington Program on Climate Change and Cascadia
Climate Action

While we should all care about the global impacts of climate change, it is
difficult not to want to focus in on impacts that we can expect to see in
our own backyard. This upcoming Climate Science on Tap: Schooner Series
event hits close to home in examining projected climate changes in the
Pacific Northwest. We will examine implications to our hydrological cycle
with a changing snowpack. We will talk about stresses on our marine food
web, particularly everyone’s favorites, salmon and orcas. We will also
seriously consider the shrinking habitat for Cascadia’s ever elusive
sasquatch. As always, we’re here to tackle big topics in pint-sized
packages with fun, informative, conversation over a brew or two. We hope
you join us!

Panel:

-

Oriana Chegwidden, Civil and Environmental Engineering
-

Megan Feddern, School of Aquatic and Fisheries Sciences
-

Katie Breen, School of Environmental and Forestry Sciences