[pccgrads] Last call: PCC Spring Symposium on April 27! Register today!

Ethan Campbell ethancc at uw.edu
Fri Apr 19 09:05:51 PDT 2019

Dear PCC grads and postdocs,

The UW Program on Climate Change invites you to attend our third annual Spring Symposium on Saturday, April 27 from 10 am to 3 pm in Ocean Sciences Building (OCN) 425. This event features interdisciplinary presentations on climate-related research, outreach, and education by students and postdoctoral researchers. A light breakfast, catered lunch, and afternoon refreshments will be provided. This will be a great opportunity for conversation with researchers across UW who are interested in climate from a variety of different angles.

We encourage students and postdocs to present a 6- or 12-minute talk or poster on your work. No worries if you don’t have a finished project to share—we welcome discussion of ongoing research and posters from past conferences. This will be a fun, casual opportunity for you to share your work with a diverse audience! UPDATE: We still have a few open slots for talks and space for many more posters. Also, we’ve received questions about whether presentations must have a primary focus on climate or anthropogenic climate change. To clarify, this is not a requirement! Presentations on a wide range of topics are welcome.

If you’re interested, please register  <https://forms.gle/J5EkEwmpHZB2Reza7>at this link <https://forms.gle/J5EkEwmpHZB2Reza7> by the end of today (Friday, April 19). We will be closing registration since we are almost at room capacity. See the link for more details. If you can’t make it for the whole event, feel free to just drop by for a session.

Sincerely,
Ethan Campbell
on behalf of the PCC Graduate Student Steering Committee